Ride with Pride was founded in 1990 and has steadily grown to include more participants as well as a variety of programs. The Therapeutic Horsemanship Program includes riders that are physically disabled as well as mentally and emotionally challenged. Today Ride With Pride has more than 70 youth and adults, ages 4 to 60. Additional programs include Image Enhancement programs, Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy, Summer Day Camp activities and Special Olympics Equestrian Programs.
Ride With Pride provides:
- instructors that are NARHA certified and the development of lesson plans to meet individual client needs
- trained volunteers who work with riders and the program
- activities that include stable management and grooming in addition to riding skills instruction and therapeutic exercise
Goals of therapeutic riding
- increased self-esteem and self-confidence
- improved muscle tone and joint mobility
- improved balance, coordination and posture
- development of motor skills
- development of cognitive skills
- impulse control
Ride with Pride is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization in the state of Virginia. Contributions are tax deductible.
We are an operating center for the North American Riding for the Handicapped Association (NARHA) as well as a member of the Therapeutic Riding Association of Virginia (TRAV).
Involvement from the community or organizations is always welcome. Volunteer to assist with lessons, sponsor a student or a class, assist with fundraising activities, or invite us to speak to your organization.
Ride With Pride
PO Box 1203
Staunton VA 24402
Phone: 540 255 2210
P.S. Keep informed what's happening by checking Our Events Calendar.